Weathering Steel, often referred to as Cor-ten or A606, is a unique material gaining popularity as of late for its distinctive rust patina. This natural yet stable protective coating acts as a defense against further corrosion. Weathering steel arrives unrusted and develops a rust-like appearance once exposed to the elements for a period of time.
Features + Benefits
- Resists staining, rusting, and pitting
- Strength to weight advantage. Tensile strengths of 75,000 to 125,000 psi allow the use of lighter gauges, resulting in cost savings.
- Heat and corrosion resistant
- Long term value
- Ease of fabrication. Stainless Steel can be cut, welded, formed, machined, and fabricated readily.
- Unlimited design possibilities
- Sustainable and environmentally friendly
- 100% recyclable